Periods are on time, but bleeds light pink rest of the time. No symptoms of pregnancy. Help?

A few months ago I noticed some blood on toilet paper after peeing. There was a gel like substance that was there too. Didn't think too much of it. A few weeks later it happened again but way more blood. None in underwear though. Recently its been more often. Sometimes a lot on toilet paper then light pink the rest of the day or sometimes just the light pink. It doesnt hurt to pee and my periods have been on time and I don't think I have any symptoms of pregnancy. Besides this possible bleeding. I do see a doctor in a week but its weighing on my mind... Any help?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Blood in the urine (hematuria) can occur due to different causes such as (1) infection,
(2)trauma to the urinary tract
(3) the presence of stones in the tract
(4)any masses
(5)inflammatory diseases of the kidney, urethra, ureter or bladder
(6)cysts in the kidneys
(7)blood disorders

If there are no symptoms such as discomfort on urination or urinary frequency then it is unlikely due to infection.

Your doctor would take a sample of the urine and may also request imaging tests to take a look at the urinary tract.

I hope this helps