Periods after unprotected sex, bleeding not stopped after ipill. Is this normal ?

Hello, My questionis in regard to using Plan B emergency contraceptive . I did take the pill after unprotected sex, I started bleeding 7 days later like a normal period, accept blood was very red, but I have not stopped bleeding; although it is lighter in flow now. It has been 16 days since I took the pill 9 that I have been bleeding. Can u twll me if this is normal or if I need to schedule an appointment with a physician. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012