Periodic sharp pains in the lower abdomen after fitting copper coil, scan normal. What could this be?

i had the copper coil fitted 12th march and since having it fitted I ve had a sharp cramping pain in my lower right abdomen since the day it was fitted. I ve had a scan to make sure the coil was fitted properly and the scan showed all was fine. The pain is on and off and I can go days without experience it. What could this be?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Hello dear, these small sharp pains are quite common after the insertion of CuT because uterine muscles tend to adapt to new product inside its cavity. They will eventually subside, you can try hot fomentations and mild analgesics. Take care.