Periodic sharp pain in the upper thigh when sitting for a long time. Diagnosed with hamstring tear. Is it still not healed?

I have had periodic sharp pain in my upper right thigh when sitting for a period of time. This has been going on for 2.5 months. I play a lot of tennis. I took 5 weeks off tennis and it still did not go away. I was diagnosed with a hamstring tear but I don t why it is taking so long to heal. I have been playing tennis at least a couple times a week, cutting back from my normal 4 times a week.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013