Periodic numbness in face, tearing in one eye. What could the cause be?

Hi, I am a Registered Nurse (over 20 years)...mostly med surg. Over a year ago, I experienced a numb feeling in my face (left). It comes and goes. At times, in addition to the numb feeling, I also experience my left eye tearing. It is annoying...not painful. I am scared to death to go get it checked out. It surely doesn t help working around all kinds of sickness. Just when I think I have seen it all...I see something else that is weird (ex... hematoma formed on a patient s spine???? caused paraplegia ) In my case, though, I don t think it is a stroke ...was thinking more Bell s Palsy...but would it continue so long? Thanks Miriam
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012