Periodic mild pain in lower torso area, prominent on sitting in certain position, lying on stomach. What could be the cause?

Hi, I wanted to have a basic medical advice for the mild pain I ve been having in my lower torso area, left side. This mild pain appears only if I m sitting in certain positions( if I m bent over little bit, for example), or if I m lying on the floor on my stomach , it appears again. It is sometimes also periodical(I could feel once or twice in a day, even if I m standing, or few days could pass without me feeling anything). To be more specific, it feels like it is in my colon/bladder/external iliac artery area. This has been going on for a couple of months now, but I ve never taken it too seriously. I m also wondering could it be a muscle problem?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012