Periodic chest pain and shortness of breath. Exposed to passive smoking. Could stress be the reason?

I have just had a session with a heart specialist who says he has trouble matching my military service with ischemic heart disease. I told him I am not a smoker but was subjected to heavy passive smoking , also mentioned the combat stress and high expectations of fitness could have been a contributing factor. I served in Malaysia during the Emergency and Vietnam. I was an infantry non-commisonrd officer and later was commissioned. I served for 33 years. The specialist did not appear to have great familiarity with service life. At the moment I suffer periodic chaest pains and shortage of breath. I am not overweight (75.2 K ant 5ft 8in). Are there other factors like supressed feelings that contribute?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013