Periodic chapping of lips, raw feeling inside lips, no pain, have moved to a place with dry climate. Cause?

Well I just moved to a very dry climate maybe why? My lips have been chapped of and on for three months, but now I m having a slight raw feeling just on the inside of my lips. It looks kinda raw and it s annoying but no pain! No sores I thought it looked like I had a couple white dots yesterday evening but they were gone the next day it s been a week or so with the mouth thing? Any idea f what it could be caused by?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012