Periodic attacks of sudden sharp pains on the spine above the hip bone radiating to leg, intense of portion of leg above knees. What treatment should be taken?

Just today in the last 3 hours I have had 10 attacks of a sudden sharp pain. It occurs in my back to the right of my spine and just below the top on my hip bone . and then down my leg, and is extremely intense again on the inner aspect of my right leg about 3/4 the way down from my knee . The attacks last for about 10 seconds and fade away.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012