Period not stopping more than 3weeks

Hi Dr! I just have a question about my period since it has been irregualr since I first had it. My period ususally lasts for a week, but 2 weeks ago I got it and it came very lite and then it finished. A day later it came back again, still light, but now I'm in my third week and it's heavier than before. I just don't know why I'm having it for so long. Can you please help?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jan 2010

well I am 36 with history or PCOS, no children, but do want to some day, i'm morbidly obese, and I have a history of irregular periods, however i'm going on 17 days strait, and its just not letting up, i mean its heavy clots and all..  what should i do or what do you think?

Anonymous's Response

What is your age? Because such things are common in early days of mensturation, meaning the early teens.