Period is on for 14 days. Have bruises in thighs, elbows and wrist. Anything to worry?

Hi so I've had my period for 14 days now went to the doctor because I notices bruises appearing on my legs they said they didn't know why I was bleeding or bruising and now 4 or 5 days later where they stuck the IV is all bruised up and between my elbow and wrist under my forearm there is a small red ish bruise with a lump underneath and it hurts to the touch or when I move it it feels like a bruise pain don't know what it could be or if its serious.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013