Period is late. Previously had heavy bleeding, cramps and back pain. Miscarriage?

I was about a week and a half late for my period, but hadnt had sex since the day after my last period ended. On New Years, I started bleeding very very heavily. I had severe cramps and lower back pain . I had large and thick grayish red clumps. The blood was also very red, which is unusual for me. All of this is not normal for my body. Everything I have read points to a miscarriage . How likely is this possibility?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013