Period is late. Have nausea and tender abdomen. Pregnancy test negative. Had adhesion removed. Advice?

Hi I am 14 days late for my period and having sharp pains on and off on my left side, a tender Abdomen, feeling nauseas and I have taken a test and it was negative. I also had a blood test done last week that was negative. I've never missed a period before. I had surgery in January to remove adhesions and some endometriosis. Should I be concerned that I am pregnant? I'm supposed to be starting birth control to control the endometriosis and I don't want to start until I start my period. I was thinking of going to the doctor for a ultra sound. I didn't know I was pregnant with my first child until 11 weeks. Any info would be great!
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013