Period heavy. Why did I have break through bleeding? Due to birth control while breast feeding?

Hello, i am 23, a mom of a 17month old. I breastfed for a whole year, and never got a period forthat whole year, when i weaned My baby My period came back a month later, it was very light and lasted3 to 5 days. Then 35 days later i got a second period that was very heavy and lasted 6days. 5 days after My period came back and it was heavier and lasted 6 days. I was On a birth control you take while breast feeding, but i wasnt taking it at the same time everyday,so i thought that was why i had a breakthrough bleeding . So i stopped taking the birth control. 12 days after My breakthrough period, i started again My reg period but it has lasted for 10days, it has only been light and spotting, but it has been brownish and mucusy and mostly only when i wipe. Please help me know what mybody is going through.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012