Period for only one day

hi, i m 34 yr old unmarried girl, weigh 45 kg, from past some months i had periods for 2 days regular and diminishes. This month it was on 28th day as per regular cycle, but only for one day. as usual i took tab dysmen for pain, but bleeding was of brownish and mix red with tissues little bit. is this to worry as why only for 1 day , kindly suggest some remedy
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jan 2012
Hello Sara;
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you got periods in 28 days then your cycle is normal in case of number of days.As far as bleeding is concerned if you have proper bleeding for 2-3 days also it is normal.The only thing what I guess from your weight of 45 kgs is that you may be a bit underweight and if I am not wrong you may even have anaemia(that is less haemoglobin).If you are not sexually active then there is no reason you should get worried about the 1 day period and the brownish bleeding with tissues.The reason for such a cycle can be anaemia;hormonal problems;cyst in ovaries(PCOD).Please visit a Gynaecologist and get examined.If necessary she may advise you Ultrasonography of Pelvis to see if you have any problem internally and if needed she will give you the needed treatment.