Period delayed by weeks, have tenderness in nipples, period like cramps. Always practice safe sex. Hormonal imbalance?

Hi, I had my last period on dec 12th, this month it has been delayed for almost 3 weeks, have been experiencing tenderness in my nipples and have been experiencing cramps (the ones i usually get before my periods) for 2 weeks. I am a bit worried if this could be a hormonal imbalance etc. I m married but not on a contraceptive , my husband and I just practice safe sex to be be very precise.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013