Period at age 58, spotting, light pink or brown colored, insomniac, vaginal dryness. Is that sign of menopause?

I am 58 years old and still have my period on a regular basis - every 27 to 32 days. The flow, however, has diminished from 7 days, to 4 days and last month I only had to wear a pad for 3 days. After the flow from my last period ended, however, I immediately started spotting. Not enough to go on a pad, but enough that I could see it when I wiped. It has been brown or light pink, but never red. This happened once before. Last August my flow was seven days with spotting for seven days thereafter. In the past I have had a bout of hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness . All these symptoms have subsided, and I have no symptoms with the spotting. I m think that the spotting is a sign that my period is finally going to end, and I am going to actually go into menopause . Any advise or comments about my situation would be appreciated
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013