Perimenopause, dark brown/black discharge with a little red while wiping, no cramps

I am 45 yrs old. Have had hormone levels checked that show I am perimenopause and have been without a real period for about a year and a half. Probably 3 times during that span I had a day of red spotting (nothing that a liner didn t take care of). Approximately 10 days ago, after intercourse and during the week I would be off the nuva ring, I started a dark brown/black discharge with a little red showing when I wipe. I have no cramping or other symptoms. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012