Peri-menopausal, have heavy flow with tiredness. Should I be worried?

I m anemic and very concerned since the doctor called me back to take a closer look. I am peri-menopausal and for the past 3 or 4 years have had my menses come frequently i.e. every 24 days. My ob/gyn says that they fell within the normal range because they didn t come sooner than 21 days and duration was only 6 days. The 2nd and 3rd day is quite heavy and I m usually very tired. I begin to feel better once the heavy flowing stops. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013