Perforated eardrum, yellow drainage. How long do ears drain?

Hi there, I perforated my eardrum diving last week. I have had no infection and am on prophylactic antibiotics ( amoxicillin ). According to the doctor it was a very small tear (located in the area between the mallus, stapes and incus.) I have had lots of watery yellow (serous, probably 5-10 ccs per day) drainage. I have not attempted to equalize since the initial injury for fear of damaging the eardrum further. My question is: how long do ears typically drain for after a perforation, and will the drainage impede healing?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012