Penny swallowed, fever, stool loose. How to find penny is out or not?

My 3 year swallowed a penny Sunday afternoon. He did not display any signs of chocking, difficulty breathing , and or swallowing . Monday he was fine at school, just no real appetite . Had 1 bowel movement . Last night he complained of his belly button hurting, had a semi loose stool and then spiked a fever at 0200 this am. I have not visualized penny in stool. Son is sleeping right now.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The commonest place where coin usually get stuck is upper part of food pipe,if coin passes from food pipe into stomach it is likely to be passed out with fecal matter.The other place in gut where coin can stuck is terminal part of small bowel.The best way to find out coin is in abdomen or passed out,get X Ray abdomen of your son done.It will show whether coin is inside or passed out.
Hope this answers your question.