Penis started bleeding during intercourse, pains while squeezing or touching. Should i be worried?

my boyfriend and i were having intercourse and we heard a tiny, not very loud pop. while pausing upon sitting there we noticed blood smears on my leg and he automatically assumed it was me, upon investigating, we have noticed dark red blood coming from his penis . we wiped it away and more came out. upon squeezing penis, he felt pain, but only when touching or squeezing. we did not finish having intercourse so he did not ejaculate, should we be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012