Penis infection due to rubbing raw, triple antibiotic. What to do?

I believe I rubbed myself raw and got an infection on my penis . I don t believe it is an STD . My girlfriend was horrified. I know I haven t been with someone else. She hasn t been either. I did notice a scratch or cut before the infection after work one day after feeling something irritate my penis. I ve tried triple antibiotic and it seems to be working. But It s taking awhile I guess it s because of the moisture. Should I see my doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013