Penis infection, burning sensation on shaft. Temporary relief with Doxy-1. Relief with fluconzole, syscan possible?

hi doctor, My friend has got pinile infection, suffering with burning on his shaft. he was on Doxy-1 for a 15 days and it went away but it started appearing now... Could you please suggest what he should do now...I read in internet that Fluconzole should be applied on the penis and take syscan 100mg once a day for two weeks .. kindly guide us....! Regards, Nagaraju
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend has inflammation of the Urethra(Urethritis)

Though routine urine and urine culture tests were negative it could bedue to inflammation of the mucus membrane of the urethra.

Please ask him to take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Fluconazole is an anti fungal drug and will not help in his case.