Penis hurts when not covered by foreskin. What could be the cause?

My boyfriend has expressed to me that the head of his penis hurts really bad and that it has always been like that. If his foreskin is not covering the head of his penis he is in a lot of pain, its to the point that even when taking a shower he dreads pulling the foreskin back to clean him self because he is
in so much pain, why does it hurt him so bad? It even hurts him during oral sex and intercorse but only if the head of his penis is exposed if its covered by foreskin he is fine.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013