Pelvic ultrasound showed bulky ovary with dominant follicle, enlarged ovary with peripheral follicles,free fluid in pouch of Douglas. Meaning?

Hi, I received my pelvic ultrasound report back and I didn t understand a thing when my doctor explained it to me. FINDINGS: The uterus is of normal size and no focal abnormality shown in the myometrium . Midline endometrial echo is 1cm in thickness and it shows no focal abnormality. The right ovary is 4.8cc in volume and it shows peripheral follicles. The left ovary is 13.7cc in volume and it shows the dominant follicle which measures 2.4cm There is fluid in the pouch of Douglas CONCLUSION: The right ovary is not enlarged and it shows several peripheral follicles. The left ovary is bulky and it shows the dominant fillicle. Free fluid in the pouch of Douglas could be due to recent ovulation or due to pelvic inflammatory change, depending on the clinical presentation and findings. Can you please explain in english??
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012