Pelvic scan shows RV bulky uterus. Advice

hi i am 25 years old my pelvic scan(tvs) shows
uterus is rv bulky in size &shape(7.51x5.47x3.98cms)with normal myometrium&endometrium.cervix(3.28cms)is normal&cervical canal is normal.
ovaries are normal in size shape and,lo-3.66x2.1cms
no free fluid seen in pod.
impression-RV Bulky Uterus.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Hi, thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

Generally anteverted (AV) position (bent forwards) of uterus is common and reteroverted (RV- bent backwards) is less common and is seen in only 20% of women. Yours is a reteroverted uterus. Bulky uterus can be due to many reasons like fibroids. But, no such problem is reported in your pelvic scan. Your endometrial thickness is 11.95 mms which indicates adenomyosis.

Adenomyosis can cause symptoms like heavy bleeding with large clots during period and abdominal cramps. Probably you suffered from these symptoms which necessitated the pelvic scan. But if you don't have any troublesome symptoms, then you need not worry about any treatment.

Drugs like NSAIDS and Danazol are used in Adenomyosis. Your treating Dr will know about these drugs. Although total hystrectomy is done in elderly women, that is not indicated for you as you are young.

I hope this is helpful to you.