Pelvic pains, backaches after c-sec delivery. Taking Menopur injection. Reason for the pain?

Hi, I am a 39yr old mum of 4children, the most recent of which are 2yr old twins born at 38wks via planned section. Since their birth I have had lots of on/off pelvic aches and pains with back ache and sometimes hip pain . It isn t constant, but happens every couple of weeks or so. It is sometimes definitely muscular, other times it is gripey, almost like wind and radiates from my scar pubic area up towards my hips. It is not debilitating, just annoying. My twins were large (7 and 9 Ibs ), though my frame and build are not - I am slim and tall. I was left with a separated abdominal muscle, and if I lie prone in bed at night, the back pain is bad by morning. My fertility history is good, we conceived our first two children naturally with ease, and had IVf for the twins - worked first time. We are about to embark on our fifth and final pregnancy again via IVF. I started injecting Menopur 150miu two days ago. I am on the lowest dose and a short protocol due to previous ohss and a multicystic ovary. I suddenly became anxious that I might have something sinister going on with my ovaries which is why I have had the pelvic pain . Injecting fertility meds I know would not be good if I did have any tumours or cysts and so I am worried. A yr ago I had an internal scan of my ovaries and all looked ok, and last week I had a manual pelvic exam for thrush and the doctor said I felt very soft and relaxed with nothing apparently untoward. Am I just worrying for nothing? Are the symptoms I describe usual after ceasarean and given that I had such big twins and a separated abdo muscle? I also have a prolapse and some urge incontinence since the twins which I know can also cause pelvic pain. Would the doc have been able to feel any masses in my ovaries when she examined me? Just don t want to be injecting such powerful meds if there is a strong possibility of ovary issues. Many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012