Pelvic cramps, sweating, numbness in thighs, nausea. Suggestions?

I have severe cramps in my pelvic area. I thought it was from my period, which should start any day, but the pain increased so much that I had to lay flat. My legs went wobbly and weak, I started sweating profusely, and there was numbness in my upper thighs. I also felt a strong wave of nausea come over me, but I did not throw up. I had a bowel movement previously, and the cramps around my pelvic area were so bad that I had to get off the toilet. I am 49 and in good health. What are your suggestions as to the problem?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012