Pediatretion suggested to do deworming by giving 5ml 200mg zentel suspension

My 15 months old son Pediatretion suggested to do deworming by giving 5ml 200mg zentel suspension he is not having any symptoms of having worms so whether it is required to give now? If we have to do what time I should give whether it is after food and whether I have to give at night?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Hi;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Now a days deworming is advised without even having symptoms ;the reason is the ova/cyst of worms tend to remain in intestine for a long time & in future can cause symptoms so as a precautionary measure deworming is done.As for the dose of medicines it is better given when the stomach empty either as the last thing to have at night & some even prefer as the first thing to have in morning.In both cases it is equally effective.
Thanks

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.