Peanut-sized, painless, skin colored lump on the outer labia majora. Had treatment for vulvitis. Worrisome?

Hi, I am 37 year old female. I have a peanut sized lump on the outer side of my labia majora . I noticed it 3-4 days back and it is painless and just skin colored. I got treated for vulvitis just recently. I had a lot of itching after my periods both in my anus and my vagina which subsided eventually but the next period I had heavy flow which majorly led me to consult a doctor. The doctor had said I might have had vulvitis and gave me medications for that and had suggested that most probably my hormones are disturbed leading to heavy periods. Now the appearance of lump has scared me. What do you suggest.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012