Pea-sized lump on the tip of the tongue causing dryness, painful red inflammation around the area, pepper taste in mouth, had a lump frozen on the same spot. Treatment?

I have a pea size lump on the tip of my tongue with red inflamation around the area. I have a pepper taste in my mouth and sometimes a pepper smell. The inside of my mouth does not feel normal if I use the tip of my tongue it feels dry and rough. If I use other areas of my tongue it feels normal. There is pain associated with the red areas but not the lump. have had the lump for over two months but the redness has only appeared for about 3 weeks. The changes infeeling and taste has started about a little over a month ago. It this something I should see a specialist about? My regular doctor froze a lump in the same area a while ago but it came back. I don t think he is really knowledgable in this area.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
HI
WELCOME TO HCM
AS ITS THERE SINCE 2 MONTHS AND INFLAMMED NEED TO CONSULT A ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY SPECIALIST FOR DIAGNOSIS AND NEEDFUL TREATMENT.
TAKE CARE