Pea-sized cavernous pimple with drainage outside nipple, seems to be on skin surface, gets frequent outbreaks. What could this indicate?

my best friend is a 22 year old female who has 2 days ago developed what looks like a pea-sized cavernous pimple with purulent drainage on the outside of her nipple . It is large painful, but it looks like it is mostly on the skin surface. She does get acne a lot. Does this sound like a pimple, cyst , or boil? Also, she popped it once and it got worse. Should she not pop it? What could this indicate?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012