Pea size knot under skin near the skull in a child after bleeding. What can this be?

I have noticed that my 3 year old has a hard pea sized round knot under her skin near the base of her skull where the neck meets. The spot this is in is at the bottom back left side of the skull. The knot is not causing any discomfort, it doesn t feel like it moves but the skin can be moved freely over it. This was discoverded by feeling for a knot or looking for bleeding after she hit her head on the corner of a bed.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012