Pcos, taking metformin, irregular periods, infertility and reversed LH: FSH ratio, trying to conceive

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 weeks ago and have started taking metformin . I am trying to conceive, but my cycles are very irregular. Usually they are long and can get heavy at times, but are usually 30 to 40 days apart. Is there anything I can do to get my periods to be a normal length without going on birth control? The only symptoms from PCOS I have are irregular periods, infertility and reversed LH: FSH ratio. Everything I am reading says that I need to lose weight, but my BMI is 21.9. Is there anything you would recommend?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012