Pcod with high insulin level. Is Bigomet 500mg safe to take ?

Hi doctor . Iam 22 yrs old and was diagnosed with PCOs one year back.I had begun the treatment my gynaec had prescribed immediately ,she put me on some tests and found that my insulin level was very high and prescribed me Bigomet 500mg thrice a day.Gradually my periods were stabilised and were normal ,i exercised religiously and lost my puffiness and fat too.But recently she said that i have to continue this medicine for more years now on.I was scared that i cant be dependent on some medicines forever and switched to a new doc. Now he says that this bigomet shortens your life span and do not let the egg grow without medicine. Is it true?? He has put me on Nacfil 600mg, M2 tone and Reckfa but I find my weight increasing again.Its been just one month and iam finding changes in my weight, frequent urination ...What do i do? Which medicine ie right? My current doctor says that these medicines will rectify my disease within 3 months!
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011