Pcod. Taking primolut and diamet. Starts bleeding, pregnancy test negative. Looking for solution

hi..i am 25 yr old,i ve pcod and doctor prescribed me primolut tab for 5 days and on the very 2nd day bleeding started,she also prescribed diamet tab for 30 days,my last period was on april 16th,this month periods doesn t started yet,i ve done home pregnancy test and it was negative,so i taken primolut nor 10mg 4 nos per day for 4 days,after that its 4th day,periods doesn t started.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Hi, irregular periods are a common symptom of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Hormonal pills like Primolut-N or oral contraceptive pills are generally prescribed for regularisation of cycles. These pills provide symptomatic relief by regularisation of cycles only in the cycles they have been taken. Diamet tab is usually prescribed to bring about positive changes in the overall hormonal profile and thus helps in treating all the ailments associated with PCOD like irregular cycles, subfertility and weight gain in the long run.However it takes more than 6 months of consistent intake for results to be visible. It generally takes about 6 to 7 days after cessation of the Primolut-N dosage for the periods to start so you can wait for 2 or 3 more days for the periods to start and if they dont, consult your gynaec to alter either the composition or dosage of the hormonal pills.