Patellar femoral syndrome in both knees, continuous soreness in knee since hit causing difficulty in taking stairs, squatting. Opinion?

Hi, I am a 30 year old woman with patellar-femoral syndrome in both knees, I ve had a lateral release on the rt knee and a chip on that knee cap. I recently hit my left knee on the upper part of the cap very hard. It is still very sore after rice . It s been 3 days which I know is not that long if I bruised it bad, but after reading I use want verification that my decision to not see the dr was a good one? It s still really hurts going up and down stairs and I definately can t squat? I consider myself to be pretty tough after playing soccer and dealing with my rt knee for 10 years. Opinion?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012