Patch of skin under the corner of lip. Why is it flaky and raised?

I have a patch of skin (dime sized) just under the corner of my lip that became red, raised, and flaky in a day and all the skin flaked off in a couple days, then the same thing happened again. It itches a lot! A little pus came out a one time. for a time it looked like it was getting better, but the skin was still red/pink and scab was mostly gone. (1.5 weeks later). Never fully healed -- Now it feels like this whole cycle might be starting again. Skin feels dry and scaly. what should I do? what could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012