Patch of no hair on beard. Prescribed Propysalic lotion. Right medicine?

Hi, I recently discovered that tiny patch on my beard where the hairs stopped growing. The skin appear over smooth and shiny and with no hairs at all. I have observed that these patches have grown in the last couple of weeks. Looks like a fungal infection , without any itching or signs. I consulted to doctor they told to apply Propysalic Nf Lotion. My question is it right medicine because I used for one week but I am not seen any effect.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013