Passing stool frequently. Experiencing back, abdominal muscles. What is the problem?

went o egypt mid february and picked up a nasty tummy bug. since then I've been passing stools a little more frequently - twice sometimes 3 times a day. stools seem ok - a little looser perhaps than normal - certainly no sign of anything sinister (lumps, blood etc) any advice? Also been exercising my back and abdominal muscles twice a day for the last 9 months, and wondering whether it is making me visit the loo more often.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013