Passing frequent watery stools. Given normet. Have fever. Is this medicine safe for children?

my grandson is 5 years old .From last 7 days he is having problem of 5-6 times going for passing stool which is watery at times or very little in qty .We have started with NORMET medicine combination of Ofloxacine and Tina zoladine,2 dosage of 5ml in a day .This was started as he started having fever a day before ranging from 100 to 102 degree Farenheight .Is it safe to give this medicine for 5 year old child and also what should be the right dose For how many days this should be given .Also is there any medicine better/safer to give to kids thanks Email YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012