Passing blood in stools with lower abdominal pain. Need medications?

I have been passing blood , maroon to red, with my stool and had pretty intense lower abdominal pain just before needing to use the bathroom. If I don t eat, the pain is minimal and there is no passing of blood. The first time it happened was very painful and I also threw up. Since then, my stomach may be queasy, but the lower abdomin is where the most pain is. It s been 3 days and still happening if I eat and have a bowel movement . Is it time to see the doctor or could this be something that will heal in a few more days.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012