Passing black bowels. Due to eating lentils or drinking probiotics?

Since Monday my son is having a black bowel movement Sunday and Monday he ate lentils so I taught it was because of the lentils but today is Wednesday and still his not getting better yesterday was like diarrhea . Sunday too started giving him kids probiotics so I don t know what could be causing the black bowel movement if it was the lentils or his probiotic I don t know what to do should I take him to the hospital? Please help me!!!!
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012