Passed white tissue during period, bleeding increased, had previous miscarriages. Is it related?

This period had been a bit more painful the first few days than most. During a recent bathroom visit I noticed white tissue , between the size of a penny and a quarter. It was a bit hard and unlike anything I have ever seen before. My bleeding as increased since I passed it. What was that? What was the white thing? I have a history of miscarriages and wonder if that might be connected? Did I just miscarry?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013