Passed menopause, have spells of severe itch from head to toe with racing heart, hot flashes, raised blue vein along the arm with severe itching. Tried rubbing skin with lotions. Effective remedy?

Possible allergy , never a rash , just waves of all over severe itch causing racing heart, followed by a hot flash that eases the itch. I am a young looking, petite 54 yrs of age and post menopausal. The itch can be brought on by bathing (not exclusively) mostly on legs. One itch can trigger a full blown attack from head to toe including the scalp, eyes, nose, face, especially the ears inside and out. Talking or thinking about it can cause flare-ups. When a right extremity itches, the left may itch in the same place. When an attack is really bad, my heart races and it seems as though the itchiness is could be running through my blood and the itch will come from the inside out to the skin. Rubbing the skin w/without lotions or creams or both, unscented, etc. helps and is very time consuming. I also have a raised blue vein that runs across my left forearm above the elbow that severely itches from time to time. What in this world is going on and how can I treat and cure it without man made drugs?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012