Passed menopause, have intense abdominal pain, ovarian cysts. Advised removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes. Habit of using estrogen rich products. Can I use progesterone cream instead of removal?

Hello I am a 60 yr old post menopausal woman. I have had an ovarian cyst for a few yrs, which stayed about 2cm until the last ultrasound it has grown to between 2 and 3 cm and has now septated. With my research I realized I was doing too much flax oil and too much tea tree oil both high in estrogen . The gyno thinks because there is some pain there I should have both ovaries and fallopiain tubes removed, but let me to decide....I am wondering if it is not malignant if it would be possible to do some progesterone cream to balance the estrogen, which may have caused the cyst?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012