Passed menopause, have burning on tongue after taking calcium pills to prevent osteoporosis. How can I avoid this?

I am a post menopausal woman who told to take calcium pills by my OBGYN to stave off osteoporosis . Since I started taking the pills, I ve felt effects similar to burning tongue. I started menopause when I was 50 years old. My tongue symptoms didn t begin until I turned 56 and after I began taking calcium pills. How do I help my tongue symptoms if my doctor keeps telling me to take calcium? It aggravates my tongue to do so.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012