Partner seems to be very absent minded, insecure and paranoid after TIA. Is this a normal behaviour following a stroke?

Hi my husband is 41 & had TIA November 2012, he seemed to be recovering well physically but recently I have noticed that he is verr absent minded, insecured & paranoid. On Friday 4th January he was extremely confused & couldnt remember things that had been arranged the previous weekend such as ordeing bedroom furniture & arranging for a fitter to come around. When the fitter turned up on Fridday he didnt know why he was there or which bedroom he needed to go in, there were other things as well. I arranged for him to see a dr & the dr sent him to hospital to get checked out but Luke refused to stay after 3 hrs & discharged himself. Is this normal behaviour following a stroke?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013