Partner pulls back when getting close, does not call for months, pushes when kissing. Schizoid?

I have a friend that we are attracted to each other but everytime I try to get closer he pulls back. Sometimes he will not call for months and then say that I know how much he missed me. He forgets places we have been together and sometimes when I go to kiss him he pushes back as if i were going to hurt him. He said he has never been in a relationship that last for a year and he is 58 years old because he has issues. Is he schizoid?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013